<$BlogRSDUrl$>

虽说无一物,尘埃处处盖。未经勤拂拭,何知镜非台?

5.01.2005

NPC 

"Hi, how's it going."
"Good, thanks."
"Customer club?"
"No."
"That will be twenty-four dollars and forty cents."
"Please slide your card."
"Any cash out?"
"I'll have fifty dollars cash please."
"Select your account and key in your PIN number."
"Here's your fifty dollars and your receipt, have a nice day."

Sometimes contact with people is solely perfunctory. I feel no twinge of guilt... no little voice that says 'Hey, that's a human being you're dealing with there.' No little angel standing on my shoulder duking it out with the devil. Then it dawned on me; I respond to these people with pre-programmed responses, showing no interest in them as sentient beings. Showing no remorse whatsoever for living my life as such.

That can only mean one thing.
Comments: 发表评论

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?