<$BlogRSDUrl$>

虽说无一物,尘埃处处盖。未经勤拂拭,何知镜非台?

12.24.2009

On emotions 

We don't often realize that when we say "That person makes me angry", or whatever emotion it is, that we are stating a physical impossibility. That person cannot magically alter our hormones, brain chemicals, and physiological responses to create states in us that we interpret as emotional responses. We are the ones that set these processes in motion. While others can set up a trigger for these emotions, they are impossible to create without our own participation.

We don't often realize as well, that when we are angry at someone, we are the ones who get damaged the most. We are the ones who have to endure the discomfort of being angry and the consequences of acting in anger. The failure to forgive is the ego at work; as if it is saying, the world has to treat me as I want it, otherwise it must face my wrath. Yet, the world is not obliged to treat me as I want, and it does not care for my wrath.
Comments: 发表评论

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?