<$BlogRSDUrl$>

虽说无一物,尘埃处处盖。未经勤拂拭,何知镜非台?

7.24.2011

How many people question whether the path they are on is right?

I often find myself trying to convince myself that what I'm doing is right, by considering how others are wrong, or how other paths may be right for others but not for me. But I suppose as with all things, right and wrong do not truly exist.

Considering what is 'right' for me, is maybe considering what best fits my goals. Yet I am unsure what these goals are. Wealth? Freedom? Happiness? Ultimately it points to happiness, as freedom and wealth are but desires with happiness in mind. Happiness as a goal however, is difficult. What would make us happy now might not be what makes us happy when we get it, as we would know from experiences where the anticipation was more enjoyable than the anticipated. What we think would make us happy might not actually turn out as we expect; we often don't know ourselves that well. If something does make us happy, how long does it last?
Comments: 发表评论

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?